Friday 23 October 2009

Intro

I'm writing this blog because I'm creating an FM synthesizer in Max 5 for a BSC degree project. I think posting as I learn about Max / MSP will be a good way to record my development. The material might also be interesting to anyone who cares about audio, modular synthesis or whatever. I'm new to Max so the first posts will probably involve some real basic stuff.
FM, or Frequency Modulation is a method of audio synthesis, where by a carrier signal is modified by another signal which has been added to it, creating a completely new signal. The method works very well in recreating complex and percussive sounds that occur in the real world, with electronic equipment.


P.S. This is not a guide to Max or tutorial on synth building (that's what the built in lessons are for right?), I will not be explaining in depth just stating the development and changes I have made so that I can look back if I need to remember something or reference in my report.

No comments:

Post a Comment